Saturday 21 June 2014

Business trip in Japan and social network. What is the relationship?

3rd November 2011, Perodua RnD management sent a group of engineers including me to Osaka, Japan in order to have a business trip in DMC (Perodua counter partner). That is my first time experience to go oversea and particularly to Japan.

I want to share my experience during 2 months period in there related to social network. In Osaka, I stayed in New Hankyu Hotel which is placed in Umeda City. In this hotel, there is no WIFI provided and only LAN cable was available to the customers. So, i can only used my laptop to surf internet and communicate with my wife in Malaysia.

Usually, I communicate with my wife using Facebook message. Can you imagine that two months in there just communicate using FB message? And I can only used it when using the laptop since smartphone cannot be used because no WIFI available. This is hard. I share this problem to my friend there and luckily one of them advise me to use Skype. Skype? What is that?
Skype is the service allows users to communicate with peers by voice using a microphone, video by using a webcam, and instant messaging over the Internet. Phone calls may be placed to recipients on the traditional telephone networks. Calls to other users within the Skype service are free of charge, while calls to land-line telephones and mobile phones are charged via a debit-based user account system. Skype has also become popular for its additional features, including file transfer, and video conference.

Skype logo.svgSkype.png


"Wow! This made my day man". Thanks to my friend who introduced to me this application. By using this Skype, I can video call with my wife every time I used the laptop in the hotel. What a relief...

No comments:

Post a Comment